We take care of you so you can take care of your patients. Our attorneys have managed health care-related law matters for nearly a century, representing health care clients of all sizes in both Iowa and Illinois. We assist organizations with understanding their obligations and options under state and federal law and the ever present changes to the health care industry.
Our clients include a large health care system, metropolitan and rural hospitals, physician group practices, individual physician practices, dentists, chiropractors, counselors, non-profit clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, ancillary providers, therapists, long-term care facilities, and home health care providers. In addition, we help clients with health financing organizations like HMOs and PPOs.
From development to operation, we help you with your health care law matters:
- formation of professional practice entities (PCs, PLLCs, LLCs)
- general business, contract and transactional law for health care practices
- physician contracts
- professional licensure and accreditation
- patient and staff issues, including employment matters
- policy and procedure development and implementation
- mergers and acquisitions of health care entities and practices
- corporate governance and restructuring
- nonprofit corporate law and tax
- legislative and regulatory issues
- medical staff and peer review
- third party payments, including Medicare and Medicaid
- risk management
- professional liability defense
- compliance with state and federal law (Stark; Anti-Kickback)
- HIPAA Privacy and security
- Affordable Care Act
- tax matters
- certificate of need issues
- EMTALA matters
The firm’s senior health care partner, Michael Byrne, has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of health care law.
Lane & Waterman attorneys are also recognized by associations such as the Iowa Society of Healthcare Lawyers and the American Health Lawyers Association, and have been integral in the development of the Health Law Section of the Iowa State Bar Association.