Federal and state environmental laws are complex, far reaching, and can have a significant impact upon your business’s day-to-day operations and strategic planning. We have an experienced legal team counseling clients on the application of environmental laws and regulations, and we handle a variety of environmental matters for local and national clients.
Our environmental legal services include:
- due diligence in business transactions
- negotiating and drafting contracts for transactions involving the purchase or sale of contaminated property. We have experience handling Brownfields matters and regularly advise clients on projects involving the Iowa Land Recycling Program and the Illinois Site Remediation Program
- assisting clients on compliance with underground storage tank regulations
- CERCLA cost recovery actions
- handling environmental permitting including landfill regulations
Our environmental law practice also includes defense of administrative and judicial enforcement actions before federal and state agencies and courts.