Lane & Waterman LLP adds a new partner
Rian D. Waterman has become a partner of the law firm of Lane & Waterman LLP. Lane & Waterman was established in 1854. It has grown to a general practice law firm with 43 lawyers with Quad Cities offices in Davenport and Moline.
Rian Waterman received his Juris Doctorate in 2008 from the University of Iowa College of Law. He received his Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, from New York University in 2003, where he majored in Philosophy and obtained dual minors in Politics and Economics. He is a member of the academic fraternity Phi Beta Kappa.
In 2013 and 2014, Rian was listed as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers in mergers and acquisitions law. He serves in the following community positions:
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Putnam Museum and Science Center; Treasurer; Chairman, Finance Committee; and Member, Collections Committee
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Rivermont Collegiate; and Member, Finance Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors, MidCoast Fine Arts; and Corporate Secretary
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity–Quad Cities
- Volunteer Educator, Junior Achievement of the Heartland
- Young Leader, United Way
Rian is admitted to practice law in Iowa and Illinois. He is a member of the Rock Island County, Scott County, Iowa State, Illinois State and American Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Iowa State Bar Association Business Law Section Council.