Five Questions with…Doug Lindstrom
Doug Lindstrom, this week’s “Five Questions with…” feature lawyer, followed in his father’s footsteps and sets an example for his young son to follow.
- What made you want to become a lawyer? I have always been around the legal profession because my father is a lawyer. I always wanted to be a business executive and I had no interest in being a lawyer until I took a business law course in college. I decided to apply to law school but I also pursued a master’s in business administration to keep my options open. I developed a passion for banking and bankruptcy law (the same practice area as my father) and decided the practice of law was right for me (and apparently in my blood).
- What do you do for fun? I love physical activity and try to exercise every day. I was a competitive runner for many years and recently switched to cycling so that I can go faster. I also enjoy spending time with my active wife and very active toddler son.
- How do you get your news? –sites, apps, RSS, etc? I wake up at 5:30 a.m. every morning and spend at least one hour perusing nearly one dozen news websites. I am a news junkie who suffers from fear of missing out.
- What do you think sets Lane & Waterman apart in terms of how we deliver value to clients? Unlike most law firms, we have removed the financial incentive for a lawyer to do work outside of his or her area of expertise. The client works with the attorney who has the knowledge to effectively and efficiently deliver a solution. That’s value.
- What goals do you have for yourself in the next five years? I want to be a great father, husband, and lawyer. I am grateful for what I have and I want to take care of it.
Doug practices in our Corporate & Transactional Law group with a focus on banking, bankruptcy, corporate & business law, and real estate. Learn more about his work at https://www.l-wlaw.com/attorneys/douglas-r-lindstrom-jr/.