Five Questions with…Cathy Hult
Meet Cathy Hult, a mom and Star Wars fan who practices law in our Corporate & Transactional Law group.
- What made you want to become an attorney? When I went to college at the University of South Dakota, I wasn’t sure exactly where I would end up. USD had two criminal justice professors (Prof Michael Roche and Prof Dean Spader) that helped me decide – they made law interesting, and yes, that is possible! I hit the books, studied hard, and obtained several scholarship offers for law school and that sealed the deal.
- What is the best part about practicing in your chosen area of law? The best part of my job is the clients. When you really care about your clients, it makes the job more rewarding.
- What do you do for fun? For fun I play volleyball, read, play the piano and paint. I have three young kids though so doing activities with them (while they are still willing to do things with me and not be mortified) is my top priority and usually doesn’t leave much time for anything else.
- What have you learned from your fellow attorneys at Lane & Waterman over the years? The biggest lesson I have learned from my fellow attorneys is there is always something new to be learned or another way to do something.
- What is your favorite book, movie, or TV show? I am a big Star Wars fan so any Star Wars movie is at the top of my list of favorite movies.